Job title: Business Development Manager (BDM), Commercial RTM Sales
Location: Palo Alto CA
Format: This is a W2 position with benefits included
Working hours: 8:00 am -5:00 pm, Mon-Fri
Gorilla Corporation, a U.S. Channel Development Agency seeks to hire a Business Development Manager (BDM), Commercial RTM Sales to be contracted to VMware Inc. VMware is the industry-leading virtualization software company. The BDM will be a badged VMware employee. And will be expected to gain the necessary product knowledge and VMware certifications in order to perform the responsibilities of a BDM.
Brief Job Description
The Business Development Manager is charged with implementing and managing impactful Partner Incentive/Enablement programs and Sales plays to drive specific VMware solution set revenue for the Commercial customer segment.
The BDM’s primary responsibilities are to help drive Commercial segment revenue and establish segment practice through existing and new Channel Incentive & Enablement programs.
In particular, the BDM will work with cross-functional teams within VMware and externally with Partners to implement, manage and derive results from channel incentive and enablement initiatives. This role will involve owing end-to-end program management. BDM will work with Americas Partner organization to drive programs through different RTM to grow revenue in both new and existing Commercial accounts. Role will involve working with VMware partner sales managers, VMware segment/RTM management, cross-functional teams including Partner Ops, Finance, Legal, and Field Marketing. This position will entail mentoring & guiding less experienced employees who may serve in supporting role.
Desired Skills and Experience
The following education, experience, and other requirements relate to this position:
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or University in Business, Communications, Marketing, Technology, or related field.
- 7 years or more of enterprise or software marketing, program management or selling experience.
- Familiarity with at least one of the following – Enterprise IT software or Cloud or Mobility market. Direct experience preferred.
- At minimum familiarity with Salesforce. Experienced user preferred.
- High-level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong ability in analyzing sales, customer, market data as the basis for structuring initiatives for sales growth
- Self-motivated with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- Strong project or program management skills.
- An unwaveringly positive attitude, strong drive for results, and the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Need to be comfortable working productively in a team environment, effectively interfacing with cross-functional teams and communicating with senior management.
- Open to receiving constructive feedback and applying and integrating the feedback in an effort to improve results.