Job Title: Sales Engineer (SE)
Location: Santa Clara CA
Working hours: 8am-5pm, Mon-Fri
Gorilla Corporation, a U.S. Channel Development Agency seeks to hire a Sales Engineer to be contracted with the rapidly growing VMWare Inc in Commercial Sales to be embedded in one of their top partners. As such, you would be fully badged with VMWare. Contracting with Gorilla Corporation provides a foot in the door with one of the fastest growing software companies in the world. VMware is continuously looking for top talent.
The Sales Engineer (SE) is a pre-sales expert, deeply technical with great customer skills and knows how to work as a trusted advisor to ensure the success of prospects and customers. When it comes to deploying enterprise software, you are the expert; this can be demonstrated by a track record of satisfied, customer references.
As a key technical advisor and VMware product advocate, you will actively drive and manage the sales process from technology evaluation through customer success. You will engage with VMware partner sales and systems engineers, end-users, and new prospects to help them understand the power of VMware virtualization.
You will work on-site at the VMware partner location in Santa Clara-CA creating mindshare and driving VMware commercial business.
- Educate prospective customers and channel partners about the VMware business model and sales progression related to vSphere, vSOM, vCloudAir and other products.
- Provide intensive pre-sales technical consulting to Sales staff and prospective clients, participating in online demonstrations of products, conference calls, and site visits with account executives. Document all customer questions to ensure immediate follow-up on all outstanding issues.
- Consult with the account executive during the proposal process to ensure that all technical information and recommendations address customer requirements.
- Support Account Management, Marketing, and customers to ensure newly released features will increase the value of existing installations using a consultative selling approach.
- Train channel partners either through on-line demonstrations or in person training sessions on the technical aspects and market positioning of the solution.
- Establish evaluations of the product. Provide support during the installation. Train the prospect on both the end user and admin interfaces. Ensure specific business requirements are met using the products.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a SE role supporting multiple enterprise account execs
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field OR equivalent work experience
- Command of technical and consultative selling skills
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP) is preferred
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) is preferred
- Knowledge of Collaboration applications such as SharePoint, WebEx, Salesforce DC.
- Detailed knowledge of the Internet, including the function of web servers and enterprise networks
- Ability to effectively organize and execute tasks in a dynamic environment
- Proven problem solving abilities
- Must be able to learn, understand and adapt to new technologies and practices
- Strong written and oral communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be a team player that can thrive in cross-functional situations
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail